Wednesday, January 1, 2014

December Citrus Lane Review - 23 Month Old

So I have been toying with the idea to cancel or keep my Citrus Lane....even after December I'm still not 100% decided either way.  I have contemplated Kiwi Crate (another monthly subscription, but more arts/crafts focused).  Stay tuned next month and hopefully I will have a decision!

On to December.  Citrus Lane recently changed their shipping method.  Boxes are now being shipped FedEx Smart Post.  The pro to this - the mailman will not longer try to shove, and I mean SHOVE, my box into the mailbox....con - it took FOREVER to get my box.  I was hoping to have it early enough to use as a stocking stuffer for the boys, but unfortunately that didn't happen.


This months box had no "real" theme.  It was about "making memories".

Sorry I only got one real photo - it was a crazy - 2 year old party day in our house!

This month's box included:

Handprint Art Kit from Pearhead ($9.95): Super excited about this!  The boys and I have done a smaller version and it's on my desk at work.  This will for sure be a rainy day activity or an activity I leave for daddy while I am at work :-)
Rainbow Stacker from Melissa & Doug ($7.99):  First we love M&D!  Second we love to sort and love to identify our colors.  Downside - this is a VERY wooden toy - the boys are at the stage of not sharing and at times hitting has followed.  This will for sure be a supervised toy!

I Took the Moon for a Walk from Barefoot Books  ($7.99): We fell in love with Barefoot books awhile back.  Bear on a Bike is an all time favorite here.  Mommy and daddy both have it memorized!  This book is very colorful and the boys both jumped in my lap to have me read it to them!

Snuggly Lotion from Episencial ($5.08): Episencial has been a favorite brand since the beginning of my Citrus Lane adventure.  Happy to try this!

Total for box: $31.01 
Overall, I wasn't terribly impressed.  The "WOW" factor wasn't there.  Maybe I was aggravated with shipping, or maybe it really was missing something?
What did you get in your box?  What age?  

2 comments:

  1. My box was for a 9 month old. We got a knob puzzle which was a hit with both kids (9 months and 2.5), a book that i thought was very random but my oldest seemed to enjoy the story, a hand print kit and the lotion.

    the book was okay but not something I'd have bought on my own. The hand print kit was easy to use and i was able to do both kids hands, but when drying it curled up all funny and now it's more of a cylinder.

    I signed up for 6 months and switched this months box to be for my oldest. I'm interested in trying kiwi crate too, but I'm going to wait until my oldest is closer to 3

    ReplyDelete
  2. My box was for a 9 month old. We got a knob puzzle which was a hit with both kids (9 months and 2.5), a book that i thought was very random but my oldest seemed to enjoy the story, a hand print kit and the lotion.

    the book was okay but not something I'd have bought on my own. The hand print kit was easy to use and i was able to do both kids hands, but when drying it curled up all funny and now it's more of a cylinder.

    I signed up for 6 months and switched this months box to be for my oldest. I'm interested in trying kiwi crate too, but I'm going to wait until my oldest is closer to 3

    ReplyDelete