Sunday, November 3, 2013

Toddler Busy Bag Swap


Keeping two almost two year old busy.....well lets just say they keep me busy!  I am always looking for new ideas and activities.  So.......I recently hosted a Toddler  Busy Bag Swap.  I organized a Facebook invite and asked for RSVPs - the concept is simple.  Each mom was to bring a different toddler activity to replicate for 7.  Most put each activity in an individual gallon Ziplock bag.  Our original plan was to meet at a local Children's Museum but some last minute illnesses change our plans - no worries though, I organized pick up and drop off so each family got their bags.  

I have set aside a few bags to keep for outings/restaurants and long car trips.
To make a good busy bag here are a few suggestions:
1. One container, easy to grab and go - few supplies
2. Transportable (see #1)
3. Inexpensive 
4. Reusable 

I have posted pictures below of each activity that we swapped.  

Pipe Cleaner Sorting (using sippy cup to insert pipe cleaner into straw hole)

Felt and Velcro

Lacing Cards

Button Snake

Felt Pumpkin Decorations

Apple Tree Counting

I Spy Bottle

Marble Maze

Special thanks to my mommy friends that participated!  Jessica, Allison, Helen, and Erin!

Have you hosted/participated in a Busy Bag Swap?  What did you make?

No comments:

Post a Comment