Friday, April 19, 2013

Spring Initial Wreath

One thing I love, well actually two things....Spring & Wreaths....oh and themed flags too!  Okay, okay, so I love A LOT of things ;-)

That being said, I was having a blah moment today and decided that since our house in on the market I wanted to spruce up the front door and the back door with a nice wreath.  I'm not sure if you have gone out lately and priced wreaths, but they are C-R-A-Z-Y expensive!  Hello, Pinterest and "thank you" for your many ideas!  I chose two of of my favorite flowers for this project that each have a significant meaning for me.  My maternal grandmother that we all fondly called "Star" had a beautiful hydrangea bush in her yard and they have always reminded me of her.  The forsythia is in honor of my paternal grandmother "Nanny".  Nanny had many many forsythia bushes and the vibrant yellow rods were always a welcome sign of Spring.  

So here is my creation for a nice lazy Friday


I had several coupons for my local Michaels and my goal was to spend less than $20
(just as an FYI you can utilize your smartphone - access www.michaels.com, select your store, then "coupons".  The cashier is able to scan straight from your smartphone)

Materials:

1. Grapevine Wreath $8.99 - used 40% off coupon - total $5.39
2. Natural Burlap $2.99 - used 20% off entire order  - total $2.39
3. White Letter "J" $3.99 - used 20% off entire order - total $3.21
4. 3 Hydrangea steams (2 blue/1 white) $2.79 each  -used 20% off entire order - total for all 3 $6.69

Total for all materials: $17.68



I cut the hydrangea's off from the steam and hot glued them to the grapevine wreath.  I also used the hot glue to attach the letter "J".  I made a simple loop with the burlap and a simple bow with the burlap. 



This is the wreath I did for the back door.  I utilized x2 forsythia steams, 2 yards of yellow ribbon and a small grapevine wreath.  Total for this wreath:  $9.58

Both were very simple and took less than 30 minutes to assemble/hang.  

Have you made anything recently to celebrate Spring?

No comments:

Post a Comment