Sunday, April 21, 2013

It's not a chew toy

Being an informed parent is extremely important to me.  As a registered nurse, I rely heavily on evidence based practice.  I don't make decisions on a gut feeling, I make them on research and solid evidence.  Thankfully I had very late teethers (our first teeth didn't pop out until around 11months!) That being said, I had read some absolute horrifying things about Orajel - specifically Orajel that contained benzocaine.  We decided against any medicated teething gel and decided to stick with all things natural.  

Our favorite teething "things":
1. Frozen washcloths
2. OneStep Ahead Silicone tethers
3. Baltic Amber Teething Necklace

Baltic Amber Teething Necklaces are not chew toys!  A common misconception, the amber never has to touch the gum/teeth.  It is meant to be worn against the skin.  

-Amber is a fossilized resin, not a stone
-Worn next to skin
-Has healing oils that are absorbed by the skin
-Reduces inflammation
-Accelerates wound healing
-Acts as a natural analgesic


Pros:
1. There is a knot before and after each bead 
2. Screw clasp
3. Lightweight
4. Just so darn cute!!!!


Cons:
1. The boys like to pull each others

**Amber teething necklaces should always be supervised when worn.  They are not meant to be worn 24/7.  




2 comments:

  1. We love ours. And... They're just so darn cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Would you mind if I share your blog with my facebook group?
    There's a lot of people that I think would really appreciate your content. Please let me know. Thanks

    Look at my weblog :: waist hip ratio calculator

    ReplyDelete